Anybody Still Using ‘Old Twitter’ ?

Anybody Still Using ‘Old Twitter’ ?
August 02 16:46 2011

Hopefully everyone has migrated from the Old to the New Twitter interface at twitter.com.

Twitter sent out a tweet today stating that the Old Twitter UI will be retired officially at the end of this week.

Article "tagged" as:
  Categories:
view more articles

About Article Author

James Hicks
James Hicks

James is the Founder and Chief Technologist of HicksNewMedia, a technology consulting and digital publishing firm providing effective and relevant solutions to individuals and businesses looking to utilize all things on the interweb. Follow him on Twitter | about.me | Facebook | Google+

View More Articles
write a comment

16 Comments

1. MattieTK
    August 02, 17:36 #1 MattieTK

Finally, hopefully this will mean we’ll be seeing photos shortly and some other new innovations, as I think the old twitter interface was really holding them back from launching anything.

2. manyko2
    August 02, 18:21 #2 manyko2

@badwebsites anyone else using Old Twitter? well, we’re fucked // : P

3. 4030lisa
    August 02, 18:22 #3 4030lisa

@badwebsites nooooooooooooooooo……! :oO

4. jameshicks
    August 02, 18:25 #4 jameshicks

@MattieTK I agree, there was all that initial announcement about photo integration. Hopefully things will move forward now

5. 4030lisa
    August 02, 18:26 #5 4030lisa

@badwebsites New Twitter..it’s crapcrapcrappitycrapcrap!…oh and incase I wasnt clear…its crap!

6. RaraAvisStudios
    August 02, 18:28 #6 RaraAvisStudios

@badwebsites How do we even know if it’s old or new any more? And why did I get a dm from someone I’m not a follower of?

7. badwebsites
    August 02, 22:48 #7 badwebsites

@RaraAvisStudios u’re not SUPPOSED to be able to get a DM from someone u don’t follow- it’s another Twitter Catastrophe!

8. badwebsites
    August 02, 22:50 #8 badwebsites

@RaraAvisStudios u log on directly via the web interface- you SHOULD notice the change, when it comes. (it’s UGLY!)

9. badwebsites
    August 02, 22:50 #9 badwebsites

@manyko2 they’re taking Twitter Classic away from us. BASTARDS!!!

10. badwebsites
    August 02, 22:53 #10 badwebsites

@4030lisa I KNOW. crapcrapcrap. New Twitter is what Rupert the Internet-killer would be doing, if he owned this place.

11. mercurie80
    August 03, 17:16 #11 mercurie80

I was forced onto New Twitter today. I wish they hadn’t. It’s much less functional than Old Twitter. I don’t want to see pictures or videos on Twitter. I just want to be able to make multiple mentions and access my lists and mentions from the sidebar. I don’t want all this clutter!

12. badwebsites
    August 03, 17:50 #12 badwebsites

@RaraAvisStudios they moved me to new twitter! i can’t navigate the damn screen! it’s an ABOMINATION!

13. badwebsites
    August 03, 17:51 #13 badwebsites

@4030lisa they forced me into new twitter. WHAT A DISASTER!

14. RaraAvisStudios
    August 03, 18:40 #14 RaraAvisStudios

@badwebsites You’re really feeling out! Here, have a beer and calm down.

15. RaraAvisStudios
    August 03, 19:16 #15 RaraAvisStudios

@badwebsites Oops, I meant “freaking” out not feeling…hahaha! I don’t have the new twitter yet, don’t want it after your tweets. 😛

16. Livefyre
    August 04, 00:39 #16 Livefyre

@RaraAvisStudios am i “feeling out”? – u ALWAYS seem to sneak the sexual innuendo in, don’t u? NEW TWITTER SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS