So far it’s only been press and media events that have happened – the real people don’t even really show up until tomorrow when the actual show part starts.
That, however hasn’t meant that the past 24 hours here in Las Vegas haven’t been full of activities and announcements.
Side Note: I’m trying something a bit different this year, and instead of writing about all the specs, dimensions, and data points that come out of the various meetings, I’m going to focus on the end-user and eventual consumer of these products. That being said, there won’t be the firehose of posts coming from THE Tech Scoop covering this event, but there will be adequate coverage (I’ll gladly relinquish the firehose delivery of posts and articles to the big boys).
Last night I attended the 3rd Annual Startup Debut which was held in the Foundation Room in Mandalay Bay. 20 technology start-ups ranging from mobile apps and gadgets to audio and visual innovations and internet technologies.
Those 20 companies:
- DocBeat (docbeatapp.com) – A social network for physicians and patients, offering free unlimited HIPAA Compliant Secure Text, physician directory look-up, and smart answering service.
- Evertune (evertune.com) – An innovative piece of stringed instrument technology, Evertune is a bridge that keeps a guitar’s strings in tune forever.
- Frequency (frequency.com) – A personalized video service, delivered in real time, collecting video from one’s friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- GENWI (genwi.com) – Emerging cloud publishing platform for mobile and tablet content and applications, providing turnkey solutions for publishers, brands and agencies.
- HipGeo (hipgeo.com) – A location-aware website and smartphone app that automatically create a record of the places users go.
- InsureMonkey (insuremonkey.com) – Transparent, user-friendly online marketplace for buying health insurance. Named one of 2011’s most promising companies by Forbes.
- Liquipel (liquipel.com) – A revolutionary technology that applies a nano-coating to mobile and consumer electronics, making them waterproof inside and out.
- MultiTouch (multitouch.fi) – MultiTouch creates stackable, large-format HD LCD displays integrating advanced touch, gesture and object recognition capabilities.
- PlayScreen (playscreen.com) – Leading developer of mobile, social and casual games will demo their latest social poker app for the iPhone.
- SnapCuts (snapcuts.com) – A groundbreaking interactive marketing platform that combines video with text messages and social media, giving video content owners a new way to extend awareness, gain customers and sell related merchandise.
- Swag of the Month (swagofthemonth.com) – Online subscription men’s fashion site, matching new T shirt fashions to men’s interests and style.
- Trac.ky (trac.ky) – A social collaboration platform where you can control your work, social and personal interweb, all from one streamlined interface.
- TravelDNA (traveldna.com) – Personalized “instant itinerary” travel service, now in alpha.
- TourWrist (tourwrist.com) – iPhone app that turns panoramic photos into virtual tours that can be easily embedded into websites.
- UberFun (ub3rfun.com) – Innovative iPhone accessories from 3D printing innovators Intrinsic3D.
- Walls360 – (walls360.com) On-demand creation of premium wall graphics made from re-positionable fabric material for artists, designers and brands globally.
- WeVideo – (www.wevideo.com) –WeVideo’s is a free, cloud-based video editing platform enabling unique social editing collaboration, with paid versions for additional storage, higher bandwidth and resolution.
- Wemo Media (TheBlu.com) – TheBlu is a global mission to create the ocean on the web, an online underwater world for everyone to enjoy, created by Academy Award winning directors and digital artists.
- Worlize (worlize.com) – Worlize is the first user-created social gaming and chat platform for Facebook and other social networks.
- WOWee ONE (woweeone.com) – Creators of cutting-edge audio-gel and green-laser technologies, changing the face of how we experience sound.