How to Get a Pinterest Invite on Twitter

How to Get a Pinterest Invite on Twitter
March 08 13:02 2012

Personally, I do not really join every social media outlet available. I only have a Facebook account and I haven’t followed Twitter. I only use social media sites for my websites but for creating my own individual account, I think twice.

Pinterest is a bit different. It allows you to bookmark websites in a very visually attractive way. You “pin” your “interests” on boards you make. Networking is possible here as you can also follow friends, boards or just a board you like. Pins can be commented on, shared on other social networking sites, liked or re-pinned. If you have a quality pin, it could get viral quickly.

Currently, Pinterest is still on an invite-only stage. I was glad to be able to get an invite on Twitter last month. Here’s a couple ways how to get a Pinterest invite on Twitter:

1. If you already have a Twitter account, you can ask your followers if they still have invites left.
  2. You can also use the Twitter search function by putting: “pinterest invite ? -http -rt lang:en” (without the quotes)

I’m not sure how long they give invites on Pinterest’s homepage but it probably takes some time. If you are a bit impatient, suggest you follow my tips on how to get a Pinterest invite on Twitter above.

Anyway, I still have 4 Pinterest invites. You can just leave a comment with a working email address and I’ll be glad to send you an invite. If you’re already on Pinterest, you can follow me there as well.

Article "tagged" as:
  Categories:
view more articles

About Article Author

Pat Garde
Pat Garde

Patrick is the co-founder of AllHungerGames.com which features Hunger Games merchandise and he is a contributor at Tapscape.com, an iPhone app reviews blog. Follow Pat on Google+.

View More Articles
write a comment

12 Comments

1. jameshicks
    March 08, 14:04 #1 jameshicks

Nice tip Pat.

I’m on Pinterest too – check me out at

2. Mark
    March 08, 19:20 #2 Mark

Would like a Pinterest invite! moneyandmoremoney@gmail.com

• jameshicks
      March 08, 23:30 jameshicks

Hey Mark – I just sent you an email invite to pinterest

3. Becky
    March 13, 06:23 #3 Becky

If you’ve still got any invites I would love one! glitterybex@hotmail.com

4. don
    March 13, 07:12 #4 don

By chance still have an invite left? Thank you for the offer even if you don’t. Great post and insight as well at nottherealdeal at Gmail.com

5. Mike Mahon
    March 20, 21:56 #5 Mike Mahon

Hi could I get an invite? Would be much appreciated. Michaelmahon92@gmail.com

• jameshicks
      March 20, 22:04 jameshicks

@Mike Mahon Invite sent. Thanks for visiting THE Tech Scoop

6. MikeMiche
    March 27, 06:14 #6 MikeMiche

james could i get an invite pleas
    smshane2@yahoo.com

7. mauvais_langue
    March 27, 07:29 #7 mauvais_langue

Hi James, do you still have invite?
    If you do can you pop one over to eic@mauvaislangue.com?
    Thanks

8. VaibhavArora
    April 09, 00:19 #8 VaibhavArora

hi James

If you have a pinterest invite and can share, please do. I’m on vaibhav_a_a@yahoo.com.

I travel to off the beaten trail places (mostly within India) and would use pinterest for sharing photos of such places.

I’m on facebook but never got onto twitter. Pinterest seems interesting to me.

thanks