Slowly but surely, Google+ is gaining traction as a business focused social network that you don’t want to miss out on. So, once you’ve signed up, you’ll want to head to the communities section, where you can contribute, read, and share niched information with other small business owners, entrepreneurs, etc.
Whether you’re looking for information on managing customer relationships or the newest trends in tech, there is a community for you; you just have to find it. Start by checking out these top 5 communities for small businesses.
General Small Biz
- Run by Andrew Patricio, of BizLaunch.com, this is a valuable community for anyone looking to bypass the spam that many G+ communities are already turning into. Each post poses a value to you as a small business owner, and you can navigate to sales, social, marketing, entrepreneur, or tools making it easy to find the resource you need right away.
- Example post: Utilize These Questions to Stimulate Small Business Innovation
- Aimed at those who are knee deep in tech on a day to day basis, this community provides valuable insight into current trends, tools and methodologies. You’ll find a mix of posted questions and links to articles or infographics, making it helpful for each and every small business techie out there.
- Example post: Infographic: The Death of Packaged Software (from TechRepublic)
- Marketing is on the mind of every small business owner, and the Influence Marketing community is just what you need to stay up to date and informed. With evergreen posts and newsworthy items, you can come here with most marketing questions or concerns you may have. Browse weekly, as they seem to have new posts about 2-3 times a day.
- Example post: The Rich Media Ad Technology Marketers Don’t Know
Social Tips and Tricks
- This is another great community that has yet to be bogged down with spam and promotional posts. If you’re looking for the most recent news in social, mobile, and content – you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find many of the shared posts are from reputable sources, with minimal conversation back and forth, making it easy to get what you need.
- Example Post: Why Social Media Design and Branding Matters
- This Google+ community is exactly what communities have the potential to be: an awesome forum for all your small business questions. Moderated by a panel of data professionals and web developers, as well as the G+ Google Analytics team – you can be sure you’re getting all the right info.
- Example post: Building Dashboards on Google Drive using Google Analytics Data
There are over 135 million active Google+ users, and while these 5 communities are a great place to start, there are many more for you to explore. You can perform a simple search within communities, or specify you general G+ search to communities to find the topics you’re passionate about.
Information in this article was assisted by: Jessica Sanders, a small business blogger and copyeditor for Resource Nation, B2B lead generation service. You can follow them on twitter @ResourceNation and like them at Facebook.com/resourcenation.